Thursday 22 August 2013

Summer, sunshine and sales!

I've been busy, after the Contemporary Craft Fair in Bovey Tracey, making new pieces and selling my work at various fairs, outlets and exhibitions.

I have so many ideas to create new work for the collection, but, after buying a new house I've been preoccupied with painting and refurbishing!

My work was shown amongst others in the National Eisteddfod in Denbighshire with Cwt Tatws. I was amazed to find out that I near enough sold out, so have been making more work to send up to North Wales in order to upload to their website, www.cwt-tatws.co.uk.  Here's an image of the pieces in the Eisteddfod :



I've also started selling in a lovely shop in my home town called Ian Snow. They have taken some jewellery from me and sold out already so have sent more pieces over, which is great news! 




Last week I drove to Corsham, Wiltshire to deliver around fifty of my pieces to the Pound Arts Centre. I will be exhibiting my work with other graduates in the 'Assembly' exhibition that centres around Contemporary Craft in the UK. The exhibition will run from the 7th of September until the 6th of October. 

I have also been selected to sell my work at the Cardiff Arts Collective Christmas Fair on the 30th of November and the 15th of December. Hopefully I would have made more work by this point and would have some christmas editions to add to the stall! 

I can't wait to get making again and hope to keep getting interest in my work around Wales and the UK. I have two commissions running at the moment too, which I need to continue work on so I'm busy busy busy! I've moved into my studio, which is the most important thing and will be living there for the next few months due to the interest in the pieces! Here's my shed gleaming in the sunshine!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment