Tuesday 25 September 2012

Exhibition opportunities!

Hello! Sorry it's been such a long time since I've written a post! I've been very busy, creating a facebook page firstly to join both my blog, my work and my friends, I also want to finish a website but not quite finished it yet! 

My work has just come down from the National Museum of Wales, Cardiff which was successful and I enjoyed having my work in such a public place, it was a great experience for me that so much of the public could see the work. I felt a great sense of achievement that the museum I spent time in sketching and taking images for inspiration wanted to show my work. 



I have now split the work into two groups, one has just been handed in for the Cardiff Open which is opening on the 1st of October until the 27th, in a shop near the Castle. This will have three shelves of work with fifteen pieces in all. 

The other group of pieces will be moving to Milkwood Gallery, from the 12th of October for two weeks, over the Made in Roath Festival. They will take their place nicely on the old fashioned dresser in the front of the shop. 

Another project I have in the pipeline is the Aberystwyth Arts Centre Christmas Craft Fair from the 26th of October until the 6th of January. Here I will be selling a collection of ceramic pieces and my hand-made Sterling Silver porcelain jewellery. If your around it's a great place to buy some individual, personal christmas presents for all your family and friends! 




I have been making new pieces to add to the collection of Minimus Maximus, so more seven and eight part molds in the new studio. Some great news, the new kiln was delivered today! So excited to start firing and create the tea set that I've been planning for a while now. 




I'm pleased that there is an interest in my degree show work, and love the idea of having many different bodies of work, from my Minimus Maximus range, to the Welsh Heritage pieces I want to continue from my second year to my porcelain jewellery. Well, we'll see how it all goes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment