Sunday 15 July 2012

Degree Show Success

Well, it's been a busy time! After my work visiting London for the New Designers Fair in the Business Design Centre and Art in Clay, Hatfield House I've been applying for competition and exhibition opportunities. I also graduated this week with a First Class Honors and had a lovely day at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay.

My work is currently showing in the National Museum of Wales, Cardiff, for the Contemporary Makers Showcase. It will be there until the 1st of September. I'm proud to be showing my work there, as it was such an inspiration to my work, that of the Swansea Pottery Lustreware and the Cambrian Pottery, Swansea.



I'm setting up my own studio space too, which I'm excited about! Just trying to get all the cobwebs out, then it's time to get making! I will be creating new designs of cups, saucers and teapots hopefully to add to the many jug designs from my degree show. 

I will also be showing my work on the creativeGAPS website, which is a great showcase for people to see my work. www.creativegaps.co.uk.

After the degree show I felt a bit deflated, working so hard towards an outcome and not having anywhere straight away to carry on making, but I'm happy to be continuing my work in the studio I have now. 

I will be exhibiting at the Made in Roath and Cardiff Design Festival, showing my work at the Milkwood Gallery in Cardiff. I love this gallery so it's great to be showing my work there. Here is their website, check them out! :)

I'm happy with the reaction towards my work, and have had some great comments on how to improve and develop the concept. 

That's all for now. I'll leave you with a picture of my studio, mid-painting and moving in!! Happy times! 




No comments:

Post a Comment