Saturday 5 July 2014

New stockists and beautiful images of my jewellery!

Hello Blog Readers!

I understand it's been a while since I last updated my blog about my work. I've been in the shed almost continuously making new pieces and producing more from previous molds. I have been arranging stockists around the UK which now includes:


  • Cloud 8 Gallery, Bacup, Lancashire.
  • Siop Alys, Machynlleth.
This next week I will be preparing for a festival in Cardiff that I'm taking part in. I have a stand at Tafwyl, the annual Welsh Festival of Cardiff that is a free event to encourage the speaking of Welsh that will be held in Cardiff Castle on Saturday, the 12th of July. There are events on all day, music, games for children and my stall will be there too! 


I have been in touch with Cloud 9 Gallery in Bacup, Lancashire and they have started to stock both my ceramics and jewellery. If you are in the area then go and visit, it's a lovely new gallery with hand-made and crafted produce!

Here are some images of my work that is showing in Machynlleth Parliment House over the summer. I hope that my work will then move to Siop Alys, which is the shop just next door to the Parliment House long-term with other makers and designers based in Wales.





------------------------------------------

I visited Collect 2014 about a month ago, here are some images from the Fair. There were some amazing pieces from various galleries, such as Bodil Manz, Elizabeth Fritz and Michael Eden pieces, it was great inspiration for me to continue my work in Cardiff.



These two examples of work both had similar concepts to my practise, that of breaking up and re-building ceramics creating new pieces from traditional inspirational methods and processes.

---------------------------------------

I also visited the last year of Degree Show work at Howard Gardens, Cardiff. It was a brilliant show with some amazing pieces. The sculpture area had some amazing installations and the ceramics was also incredible.


This was an installation using acetate and film like materials to make floating shapes that were then reflected onto the walls using a projector. The way they moved in the space was incredible.




------------------------------------------

I thought I'd give you a small insight into how my pieces look just out of the mold, and how much fettling is needed for all my pieces due to the complicated form of the work. I have also included a video of my making for you bloggers to see!


 





----------------------------------------

I also wanted to show you my lucky streak in finding these beautiful two items in a skip near my home in Machynlleth. This mahogany veneered antique cabinet is a beautiful way to display my work, and compliments the pieces very well. I am to use it for my various craft fairs this year as a part of my stall to show my work. I also came across this lovely mirror in the skip that I will use for displaying jewellery for the fairs.




------------------------------------------

Lastly, here is one of my exciting new wall pieces that I have been working on for a possible solo exhibition next year. I hope to cast these in plaster and including images of my work as transfers on the flat middle part. I love how the small handles and additions from previous ceramics flow into a frame-like shape around the centre part.















No comments:

Post a Comment